A variety of factors responsible for large scale IT initiative failures can be addressed by the framework of change management agile methodology. The best thing about agile software development is that it has been specifically designed to thrive within the highly technical and most dynamic business environments.
The name “agile” was given to agile methodology as it quickly responds to change and is highly adaptable. The agile methodologies can be used to leverage change management practices to foster IT delivery adoption. If one wants to efficiently develop a continuous stream of new software capabilities he can include the agile methodologies to include integrated practices and processes that manage evolving requirements.
The tasks and processes that fall outside the scope of the project work related to enterprise support, the change management agile methodology does not address those changes.
Some of them are as mentioned below:
- When it comes to software implementation, agile methodology does not address stakeholder discomfort with social, business, cultural or other non technical changes.
- When a team would like to leverage new technologies, it cannot do so with secure timely approval with agile.
- It does not address the problem in a continuous release environment to adjust the notion of needing training.
- For the acceptance of the enterprise, it does not make clear how the customer team members can be informed by the full breadth of the stakeholders.
- Throughout the ongoing development cycle of the organization, it does not make clear how to gather and prioritize the most important features without using change management agile methodology.
- In order to ensure that the appropriate stakeholders are available throughout the course of the project, it does not effectively manage the internal personnel of the company.
When an organization is running multiple agile projects simultaneously then each of these challenges become compounded. If these issues are not addressed on time and effectively then they will cause problems to the company in the near future. The information technology projects of the company will fail in absence of appropriate solutions to these problems.
Therefore, it is really important to take serious steps for overcoming the shortcomings of agile methodology that can cause failure to business. If the company has been meeting all project acceptance tests and perfectly executing the projects within the scope of development teams then too it may face failure due to these problems. It is important to note that the problems and failures will arise by various other factors beside technology.
An organization can successfully overcome these problems if it is rightly following change management agile methodology as Enterprise Change Management (ECM) helps to address these serious issues that may cause failure to the company. Therefore, it is really important to implement the techniques of ECM along with agile methodologies in order to save the organization from reaching the high rank of success. The ideas can be evolved by the agilists on how to successfully eliminate all the possible problems so that the companies do not fail using change management agile methodology.
Chris is the Lead Author & Editor of Change Blog. Chris established the Change blog to create a source for news and discussion about some of the issues, challenges, news, and ideas relating to Change Management.