Change management refers to the introduction of fresh and innovative processes in an organization. On the other hand, the terminology can be used to refer to the act of management of a populace that is experiencing some form of change. Change management can also be employed in the individuals’ personal lives. Further, the aspect of change can in a nutshell be described as the synchronization of a structured phase of the changeover from one type of situation to another in an attempt to attain a long-lasting transformation within any given organization.
Change management is more often than not steered by a well structured change management method. The method, also commonly referred to as a framework that different folks can employ to better comprehend the change process in addition to what is expected of them.
There are a number of change management methodologies worth knowing. With their comprehension, change can be introduced and managed more effectively.
1) The method of recognizing that change is inevitable
At the centre of any organization, there are mechanisms put in place to evaluate the numerous processes in action. The processes are evaluated to gauge their effectiveness and efficiency. The change recognition method has four major steps, they include:
· Evaluation of the organization in a bid to ascertain which part of the organization best needs the changes and the particular department to implement them.
· The most suitable framework for the change execution should be selected. The framework will guide the implementation processes.
· Responsibility should be assigned to the folks who will oversee the seamless implementation of change. Their mandate should be well spelt out and made known to them. Additionally, the all necessary resources required by the authorities in charge of overseeing change should be accorded to them.
· No change processes should be implemented without the desired outcome being known to the management. The desired outcome in a way stipulates the kind of the implementation process to be employed.
2) The change execution method
The execution ought to employ an efficient communication link from the top management to the general employees. This will help in the seamless flow of information accompanied by accurate instruction to the employees stating what is essentially required of them. Similarly the authority is recognized; the management in charge of foreseeing the change as well as the ground level supervisors reporting to the management and ensuring that the directives are strictly followed and adhered to.
Research as shown that involvement of bottom level employees in the decision of selecting the most suitable change implementation technique actually boosts the chances of the implementation method being a success.
3) Evaluation of the results
Even before any change is implemented, the desired results ought to be clearly spelt out for everyone involved to see and understand what is required of them. This enables the employees to work towards the set goal. At the end of the designated period, the management is supposed to carry out an evaluation of results achieved. This is meant to gauge whether the process was successful or not.
Later, the management or the individual in charge of foreseeing the change and rule to alter some aspects in the execution level or the change itself if need be, so as to attain the much sort after results.