HCM adoption platforms can dramatically streamline the implementation of new HCM platforms in the organization.
In this post, we will look at a few reasons to use HCM adoption platforms.
But first, it is important to understand exactly what an HCM adoption platform is.
What Is an HCM Adoption Platform?
An HCM adoption platform is any application designed to simplify and accelerate the adoption of HCM software.
Digital adoption platforms (DAPs) are a prime example.
These platforms, as their name suggests, are specifically designed to streamline the adoption of new digital tools.
They include several features that are ideal for HCM platform implementation, including:
- Software walkthroughs. Software walkthroughs use pop-up bubbles to guide users step-by-step through a workflow or series of tasks. This accomplishes several things. On the one hand, it reduces the need for human-led training activities such as webinars or in-person training. It also increases productivity, since users are provided with just-in-time information, which improves engagement, knowledge retention, and performance.
- Contextualized guidance. Contextualized guidance can be provided through features such as chatbots. In-app guidance reduces productivity lags that can occur when employees submit tickets and, as noted above, it also boosts engagement, knowledge retention, and performance.
- Self-service features. Self-service features allow employees to ask questions and receive answers immediately, automate workflows, and otherwise perform tasks that would previously require support from other departments. Using WalkMe’s self-service functionality, for instance, HR can automate and streamline many time-consuming tasks.
- Software analytics. Software analytics track users’ interaction with the software application. In this case, analytics can monitor employees when they interact with the HCM platform. That information, in turn, can be used to improve training, create more value-added workflows, and more.
- Automation. Automation, as mentioned, can eliminate the need for humans in certain workflows. When combining, for instance, DAPs with HCM platforms, HR managers can dramatically enhance productivity, improve efficiency, cut costs, and improve the digital workplace experience.
WalkMe’s DAP is an example of a platform specifically designed to improve the adoption of enterprise-grade SaaS platforms, including HCM platforms. It also includes modules specifically developed for the world’s most well-known HCM platforms, such as Talentsoft and Workday®.
Top Reasons to Use HCM Adoption Platforms
Here are a few of the many reasons to use in HCM adoption platform when deploying new HCM software.
Faster technology adoption
HCM adoption platforms accelerate the adoption of new tools through features such as:
- In-app training
- Context-based guidance
- Customizable walkthroughs
- Workflow automation
As we will see below, faster technology adoption also accelerates other metrics, such as productivity and software ROI.
A better user experience and better employee metrics
The right adoption platform has a positive impact on the user experience.
DAPs, for example, simplify onboarding, training, and everyday use, which decreases software-related frustration, improves the software experience, and ultimately improves employee productivity.
Not using an HCM adoption platform, on the other hand, can have the opposite impact. A poor user experience can decrease productivity, engagement, and more.
Increased software proficiency and utilization
HCM adoption platforms are designed to boost skill levels and shorten learning curves.
Increased proficiency, among other things, also increases the overall utilization of the HCM platform.
In other words, employees will use more features more frequently.
Outcomes of this include:
- Greater software ROI
- Boosted business process efficiency
- Less waste
- Access to new functions and possibilities
These are just a few of the positive impacts of boosted software proficiency. The more comfortable and proficient users are with the tool, the more they will enjoy using that tool – and the more engaged they will be in the long run.
Smoother, more efficient HR workflows
HR transformation begins with the adoption of tools such as HCM platforms.
The transformation does not end with boosted productivity, however.
When employees can use an HCM platform, HR staff will have more free time and more flexibility, which will free up time for more value-added activities.
Ultimately, all of the benefits covered above will drive a greater bottom-line impact for the organization.
This means not only a greater profit and ROI from the software, it also means accelerated and improved performance.
That improved performance in turn can increase organizational agility, flexibility, innovation, and more.
Getting Started with HCM Adoption Platforms
Here are a few steps to take when using an HCM at auction platform.
- Research DAPs to uncover their features, functionality, use cases, and benefits
- Develop a structured digital adoption strategy that includes metrics, goals, objectives, and a structured deployment plan
- Follow change management best practices, including clear communication, the delegation of roles and responsibilities, a roadmap for change, and so forth
- Implement a robust employee training plan that starts well before the full-scale rollout of the HCM platform
- Understand the features and functions of your HCM platform
- Define how that HCM platform will integrate with existing workflows, business processes, and digital tools
Your own circumstances should dictate exactly how you roll out the HCM platform – either all-at-once or gradually, through a phased approach. In either case, it is important to take a structured approach to adoption, as covered here, in order to reduce errors and minimize the chance of failure.
Chris is the Lead Author & Editor of Change Blog. Chris established the Change blog to create a source for news and discussion about some of the issues, challenges, news, and ideas relating to Change Management.